Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Actually Did It

We had just got started raking some more leaves in the front yard and April came to get a shovel. I asked her what she'd found...knowing something was up since she had a shovel to go along with the rake. I went over to where she was and there was a small snake among the leaves. I went in the garage to get a hoe instead of the shovel. We both are standing there looking at it and watching it. I ended up getting the hoe from her and after standing there frozen for a minute or two, took a deep breath and slammed down the hoe on that thing. Wasn't quite sure what to do after that. I did finally get it chopped up and we put it into the bag with the leaves. Looked like a copperhead...but actually to me, it doesn't matter what kind it is!!! Last time I saw one a cop came and took care of it for me. He said that the little ones are actually more dangerous than the bigger ones. It'll probably hit me after while. I really can't believe I didn't scream!!! What a way to end the day... LOL!

1 comment: